In This Week’s Newsletter

• Grandparents Day
  • Kickstart to School
  • Friday Lunch
  • Mr Bertrand’s Farewell
  • Soccer/Hockey Funday
  • Lawnmower Racing/Prep Gala/Colour Run
  • School Fundraiser

Upcoming Dates

• 21st September – Grandparents Morning
  • 21st September – Mr Bertrand’s Farewell
  • 26th September – Mr Bertrand’s Last Day
  • 27th September – Hockey/Soccer Funday
  • 28th September – Term 3 Ends
  • 15th October – Term 4 Starts

Today in History

Women win the right to vote 19 September 1893.

When the governor, Lord Glasgow, signed a new Electoral Act into law, New Zealand became the first self-governing country in the world to grant all women the right to vote in parliamentary elections.

Quote of the Week

“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” A.A. Milne (Winnie-the-Pooh)

Welcome

Hello…WOW! My final newsletter as Principal of Motumaoho School! It is a very surreal feeling to think that in a week from now, my time here will be over.  It has been a fantastic journey over the past 8 years. There have been a multitude of changes over that time and the school is progressively moving forward with a continually growing roll.  In my time I have had the pleasure and privilege of getting to know many families, I have watched babies grow and enter the classroom as new entrants. The family feel of our school is unique and not something found in too many other places.  I have worked with many excellent teachers and support staff during my principalship. Special mention must go to Angela Wainwright and Cheryl Hickford who have been here throughout all those years. When I leave next Wednesday, I take with me so many happy memories, Motumaoho School will forever hold a special place in my memories, I wish the school, and everyone associated with it, all the very best for the future – māte wā, ngāmanaakitanga

Grandparents Day

Reminder that tomorrow is Grandparents Day. Grandparents are welcomed into the classes between 8:30am – 10:00am followed by morning tea 10:00am – 10:20am.

Kickstart to School

No Kickstart this week due to Grandparents Day.

School Lunches

We ask if you could please refrain from sending your children to school with lunches that require staff to prepare or heat up such as Two Minute Noodles. Staff have little time with being on duty in the playground, catching up on work and having their own lunch during this time. We offer a hot lunch option or alternative on Friday’s for the children.

Friday Lunch

Sausage and bread or Pie-day Friday – $1.50. No IOU’s please.

Mr Bertrands Farewell

Don’t forget to come along to farewell Mr Bertrand at the Little Theatre tomorrow night at 7:30pm. This will be an opportunity to have a catch up over light refreshments before he leaves Motumaoho School next week.

Soccer/Hockey Funday

This event is happening next Thursday 27th September for our senior class. Permission forms to follow.

Lawnmower Racing/Prep Gala/Colour Run

Saturday November 10th is the date set down for this event. The day will consist of a ‘Colour Run’, Lawnmower Racing, the children’s PREP market (your child’s teacher can explain what this is), and food stalls. It will a fun and unique day. We will be looking for some volunteer helpers closer to the time, but for now – mark the date on your calendar.

Re-Useable Bag School Fundraiser – SOLD OUT!

Thank you to all of you who supported this fundraiser of re-useable bags. We have now sold all of the sets of bags. We may look at doing it again sometime at a later date.

Kind regards

Justin and staff.

Skool Loop Spring

Community Notices

Morrinsville Athletics Club 2018/19 Season

Register online at www.sporty.co.nz/morrinsvilleaa

First Club night Tuesday Oct 16th, 5.45pm, Morrisville College grounds. Ages 2-14 Enquires: email the committee at morrinsvilleaac@gmail.com