“Motumaoho School is a quality-learning environment where our learners are nurtured to reach their individual potential”.

In This Week’s Newsletter

• Principal’s Message
  • Learning Programme for Term 2
  • Science Roadshow
  • Learners in Action
  • PTA Meeting
  • Assembly

Dates to Remember

• 6th May – PTA Meeting
  • 13th May – Science Roadshow
  • 21st May – Pink Shirt Day
  • 21st May – Ruben the Road Safety Bear
  • 4th June – CoL Teachers Only Day
  • 7th June – Queen’s Birthday (School Closed)
  • 16th June – National Young Leaders Day
  • 21st June – Teachers Only Day
  • 9th July – Last Day of Term 2

Principal’s Message

Ngaa mihi nui ki a koutou

Nau mai haere mai

Greetings and welcome to you all.

It is great to be at Motumaoho School and have the privilege of meeting you all. It is exciting to be supporting the learning and teaching programmes for your child this term.

My name is Di (Dianne) Pollard-Williams and I am the Acting Principal working with the great staff here at Motumaoho School.

Until January 2021 I had the honour of leading Melville Primary School in Hamilton as the Principal beginning in 2003. I come to Motumaoho with experience as a Principal and am looking forward to adding to the already established greatness here this term, as your Board of Trustees move toward appointing your new permanent Principal starting Term 3.

So far at Day Three, we have had a busy start to the Term. The learners are settled and were really, ready to get into the learning programme for Term 2.

Each afternoon we have designed the learning to be focused on: Monday – Visual Arts, Tuesday – Music, Wednesday (odd weeks) – Physical Movement and (even weeks) will be Assembly, Thursday – Waiata and Te Reo Maori (simple Kapa Haka), Friday – Enviro Schools learning.

We have a few events planned to fit with our Term 2 learning. Next week, Thursday 13th May, from approximately 10:00am – 12:00pm, we are going to the Science Roadshow at Morrinsville College. We are hoping five parents will be able to support us with transport and supervision on the day for the two hours in the morning. A separate form will be coming out to you to sign permission for your child to attend the exhibition and to indicate that you will be able to support us with transport. Permission can also be made from today via our Skool Loop App.

There are other events planned so watch out for our Dates to Remember part of each newsletter.

In Tuesday’s learning programme I was very impressed with Daisy’s art work about Turangawaewae – where am I from? Whakawhanaungatanga Ko wai au? Who am I? We will be carrying on with this work on Wednesday and looking at the sisters in Maori history Motu and Maoho whom our area of Motumaoho is named after.

I have also enjoyed Georgia’s contribution to our discussions, Ihaia’s humble, quiet approach to learning and a number of our Room Two tamariki who are focused on trying and giving their best effort. Every child is already in my Principal heart and I am so pleased to be here. They are chatty, sharing and like to be involved in new learning and social interaction.

PTA Meeting

Our PTA are holding a meeting on Thursday straight after school at the picnic tables. All welcome!

Assembly

As this is our first week back to school we have not had assembly so I look forward to being part of this celebration next Wednesday afternoon at 1:45pm.

I really love the school’s values of Respect, Responsibility, Resilience and Service and am reinforcing these positively as opportunities arise. We will be looking for learners to reward their values learning.

If I have not yet met you, please come and make yourself known.

Ngaa mihi nui

Kindest Regards

Di

Whaea Di

Dianne Pollard-Williams

Acting Principal