“Motumaoho School is a quality-learning environment where our learners are nurtured to reach their individual potential”.
In This Week’s Newsletter
- COVID-19 Isolation Guidelines
- Resilience in Action
- St Johns Visit
- 3Rs and S Award
- Learning in Action
- Yummy Stickers
Dates to Remember
- Thursday 7th April – St John’s in Schools Programme
- Thursday 14th April – Teacher Only Day (All CoL Schools)
- Thursday 14th April – Last Day of Term 1
- Monday 2nd May – First Day of Term 2
Kia ora Motumaoho Whanau
It is hard to believe that we are already heading towards the end of Term 1. So much has happened and the COVID challenges many of our staff, families and students are currently facing are at the forefront for us all. With that in mind, I would like to wish everyone a speedy recovery and return to school and work. Please know that we keep you in our thoughts.
For households where someone has COVID-19, the Ministry of Health recommends you apply the following guidance.
- If someone becomes a confirmed COVID-19 case, then that case and all other people in their household must isolate for seven days.
- If someone else in the household then tests positive for COVID-19 during those seven days:
- the isolation period for that person only re-sets – that person must isolate for an additional seven days from the day they test positive or symptoms begin
- other household contacts who do not test positive are still able to leave isolation after the original case has completed their seven days isolation.
- For the next 10 days after a household completes seven days isolation, evidence shows that due to their exposure to COVID-19 they are less likely to catch or transmit the virus. This means:
- if someone else in the household tests positive within those 10 days, the whole household will not have to re-isolate, only the positive case
- if someone else in the household tests positive and it has been more than 10 days since the household completed isolation, household contacts should re-isolate along with the new case for seven days.
- Any person who has had COVID-19 within the last 90 days/three months will not need to isolate as a household contact unless they become symptomatic and test positive again. This is because reinfection rates for people who have had COVID-19 are low for the three months after they have the virus.
Remember, Day 0 for isolation is the day symptoms began or the day the positive test was taken (whichever came first). You should then count your seven days from there.
Resilience in Action
This week we have practiced the value of Resilience. Students had to get used to being in one classroom, not seeing their friends or teachers and having to adjust to different routines. Again Motumaoho students, staff and families have shown how incredible they all are, adjusting, stepping up, helping each other out and facing challenges with a positive attitude. Tino pai!
St Johns Visit
Due to the large numbers of absenteeism this week, we have postponed our planned educational visit to the 7th of April.
3R and S Award
These awards are presented to students who consistently demonstrate our values of:
Respect/Whakaute, Resilience/Manahau, Responsibility/Kawenga and Service/Ratonga
Congratulations to: Ezra and Harrison
Learning in action
We appreciate our families collecting the yummy fruit stickers which can be redeemed for sports equipment for our school. Please return the full sheets to the office and we will provide a new sheet for you to have at home.
Ngā mihi nui | Kindest Regards